It will be helpful to have the meet schedule printed out when you are signing up for volunteer shifts, so that you can make sure you do not sign up for a shift during a time when your child is competing. You may also wish to download the job descriptions below so that you are clear about the role for which you are volunteering.
We will once again be using SignUp Genius to manage signing up for jobs/shifts. We are hopeful that this will be sent out and go live on Saturday, February 3, 2018, at 8 am.
When you are signing up, please be aware of the start times for the work unit as they may not coincide with the start of the competition session. You cannot work during the session that your daughter is competing as this will be a distraction, it will take you away from your duties as a volunteer, and it will cause the other volunteers to work harder in your absence.
- Each family will need to work 3 credits.
- One credit is approximately equal to one session of gymnastics or about 4 hours.
- Credits can be worked by parents, friends, family, or siblings age 16 & up.
- If you choose to not to work a shift, CBC will seek $100 per missed credit in order for you to remain a member in good standing of the CBC. You must work the entire scheduled shift in order to receive credit.
- All volunteers are required to wear the official 2018 Motown Madness shirt while working credits at the meet.
- Even if you have multiple email addresses listed on the CBC roster, the Sign Up message will only be sent to the email address connected to your SignUpGenius account. (This is the same email address that was used to distribute the Donation Sign Up link.)
- You will have one week to sign up for volunteer positions. The deadline is Saturday, February 10. On Sunday, February 11, the volunteer list will be printed and considered FINAL. If you find it necessary to make changes after that, contact our volunteer coordinator Sarah Rush (email@example.com).
- If you want to watch your child compete and attend their awards ceremony, do not sign up for jobs in sessions prior to or following your child’s session. Many of the jobs overlap sessions so you may miss the beginning of their competition or you may miss awards.
- Pay close attention when signing up for different jobs in adjacent sessions. Start and end times are not always consistent. For example, someone working admissions has to arrive for a session long before someone working timing; however, if it’s the same job in adjacent sessions, you’ll be fine.
- When signing up for a job, consider your daughter’s practice schedule the weekend of Motown Madness (i.e., if transportation arrangements need to be made).
- Please note that all volunteers need to pay for admission on their daughters’ session date. If you choose to volunteer for a shift prior to your daughter’s session, you will need to pay for admission when you enter the meet to volunteer. If you choose to volunteer on the day your gymnast is not competing, you do not have to pay for admission for that date.
- You will receive an email reminder three (3) days prior to your volunteer session.
- While SignUpGenius allows changes and deletions, please try to limit these.
- Once the volunteer list is finalized, you will be contacted by a committee chairperson with any additional details regarding the jobs you've chosen.
- Do not be concerned when you receive the live SignUpGenius link and notice there are positions already filled. Some volunteer positions must be selected in advance (e.g., setup, hospitality) due to the nature of those jobs which require past experience and/or responsibilities which began weeks ago.
Thanks again for your support!
CBC Motown Madness Meet Committee